Continuing on this theme of "must haves" - another application I recently installed is CityAlarms from CodeCity.net.
We all know the Smartphone built in alarm clock isn't exactly going to set the world on fire or even wake you up come to that if you've left you phone on silent profile after a meeting (has been done more than once!).
Bit of googling later and a scan of a couple of forum sites discussing alarm applications and I end up downloading the trial version of CityAlarms.
To cut a long blog short - after the trial expired I bought the application from Handango and here is why,
- Simple to use and worked flawlessly for the entire trial period (and to-date)
- Allows multiple alarms
- * Very flexible date/reoccurance settings - "weekday only" is one of them, ensures your lie in on Saturday morning isn't interrupted by your weekday work alarm
- * Allows you to override the phone volume/profile settings so regardless of whether you did leave it on the silent profile the alarm will still ring at the volume level you have set
- * Dismiss early feature - if you have actually managed beat the alarm you don't have to go through hoops to cancel it, just "dismiss early" and the next alarm is suppressed - class!
- Snooze interval simple to set with lots of options and a default
If you are fed up struggling with the inadequate built in Smartphone alarm then you should buy this application! Great features, stable and reliable - what more could you want from an application? And $10 is peanuts to pay for something as good as this - well done CodeCity, great application and I'm a very happy customer!